Friday, June 7, 2013

A Starry Eyed Romantic


Hello everyone! I am the guest blogger this week! Woot! Woot! Some of you may know me, I am Claire, a 21 year old girl who lives in Scotland. Currently I work for L'Arche but this next school year I will be moving back to the US of A to finish my studies. I was introduced to L'Arche by Hannah, Sarah, and Joanna.

A recent major fail of mine was that I bought a brand new camera to bring to Scotland this year because my other camera was so big. I payed a lot for it, around $500. I had been keeping it in my room for safe keeping and I hadn't used it at all so I decided to take it out for a few pictures! I took three pictures and then dropped my camera and broke it. Fail. Bye bye $500!

Now my 5 blessings,



 Stars: They are my favorite shape. I know they are an odd blessing, but I think it is important to contemplate my tinniness. There is a giant fabric of space just outside of our sky. It makes me feel blessed to be one of the few things in this immense universe that is able to contemplate it's immenseness. After all, "Bits of star dust, that's all we are".

 Regency Romance Novels: My favorite genre of book, these lovelies can make me happy even on my saddest of days. I think they are highly underrated by society. To establish my point, here are a few quotes:
"She was infatuated. Or mildly insane. Possibly both." A Lady By Midnight by Tessa Dare
"He had no ambition to become a gentleman any more than a tiger aspired to become a house cat." Secrets of a Summer Night by Lisa Kleypas
"The Viscountess of Shelton had recently beed found in a state of undress with two footmen and a maid. Rather ambitious of her." Season for Surrender by Theresa Romain
"His high, slanting cheekbones were like cliffs a girl might throw herself off in a fit of despair." Seducing Mr. Knightly by Maya Rodale
 "Was this lust? Or was she just feeling appreciative for the wonder of God's creation? That's it. She was simply being devout." A Scandalous Scot by Karen Ranney
"A maid dusted the bookshelves. She had a very nice backside. Such was the saving grace of the afternoon." The Tattooed Duke by Maya Rodale
Family: I love my family so much. Each and every one of them. They have all shaped me into the person I am today. I like to think that I carry a bit of each of them throughout my everyday because my actions are a reflection of their own. I truly believe my life would not be as magical without my memories of them.

Friends: I have lived many places, met many people, and have made many friends. I do not keep in touch with most of them, but just like my family, I carry them around in my everyday. Though I am not with them, they all still bring a smile to my face and make me laugh. I may not see many of them ever again, but they all have changed my life in their own little ways. And they will always be with me, no matter where I go.

Music: Music is one of my major passions. I do not have a favorite genre and I have not heard very many songs that I do not enjoy. If a song makes me smile, sing, dance, laugh, or tap my foot, it is good in my book. This song is one that is the most played on my iPod and has gotten me through ghost visits, sleepless nights, sad times and happy times.



Much love to you all! I wish you all a grand summer.

2 comments: