Friday, June 7, 2013

The Foundation For The Understandings





I've come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.




Something I recently failed at...“ (so many things come to my mind I don't want to start)



...sending all those letters I wanted to write or wrote. I love sending mail but it always takes me weeks to get that stuff done. So be prepared for the time when I actually get myself organized. Some awesome letters and parcels will be on their way. 

 




There are so many things I am blessed with. Not knowing where to start I decided to count the 5 blessings I had today. I am happy because I really enjoyed myself.



This afternoon Sarah Elena and I went to Neukölln. We first went to the hair dresser ( you guys, we look great!). After that we decided to treat ourself with something special: we went to a vegan coffee shop. I had the most amazing vegan chili-chocolate cake and really delicious homemade lemonade (picture!!). The cafe was so nice and beautiful and we felt like people from a movie with our fancy dresses and new haircuts. Sarah knew a second hand shop nearby and we went there, too. Oh, such a lovely nice and warm summer day.

Now, we are sitting in our kitchen, drinking sparkling wine with elderflower syrup and listening to The Tallest Man On Earth.



 

So here are my 5 blessings of the day:



1. Having the time to spend a whole day like that. I know I am always complaining about university but it is most of the time pretty great.(especially with being off on Thursday and Friday every week... :) )



2. Having great friends like my dear Sarah. People that I love truly and who love me. Back home I wrote an email to some friends I see once in a blue moon but mean the world to me.



3. And of course my parents. I am so looking forward to the summer when I visit them.



4.Being able to appreciate the little things like a vegan chili chocolate cake.



5.Last Blessing: Elderflower syrup. First in my lemonade and now with my wine. Sooo good. Totally going to make some myself!


Love, 

Sarah

 




No comments:

Post a Comment