Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Well obviously the first thing I failed at was taking so long to reply the blog post.
That I created... 
Ah such is life.

The biggest dissapointment thus far in my week is a failure so I'll start with that. Daniel, one of the Core Members, is brilliant at everything he does. Singing, drawing, dancing, laughing, and pottery. He was asked to make a Noah's Ark wall hanging for a new baby that is being born and he and I have been working on it for awhile now. Round one, the beautiful piece blows up in the kiln. Round two, the beautiful piece survives the kiln so we spend weeks glazing it to perfection. I make a last minute decision that had a 50/50 chance of success and, well, it went 50 to the bad side and the piece did NOT turn out like we had wanted. So dissapointing to open up the kiln to see this beautiful piece destroyed in a heap of colors that it should not have been. Fail.


Now onto the good. Over the weekend I got to hang out in a treehouse with two of my favorite kiddos and laugh and scream and spin and dance and laugh some more. 
Blessing.

Right now there is a lot happening in my life. New job. New place to live. New car (well new to me) and I have had some fabulous people along to the way to make it all possible. Blessing.

In a couple of weeks I get to spend a couple of days with a friend from the States in Dublin.
Since January I've had a swarm of visitors including my best friend. Love it.
Blessing.

I made tacos last night for dinner.
And drank Corona (with lime).
Blessing.

My big brother is coming to Belfast in September. Good times await.
Blessing.







No comments:

Post a Comment